Sunday, April 27, 2008

EdubloggerCon East BLC July 14th 2008!!


Edubloggercon at NECC 2007
(That is me in the striped shirt)


The Info:
W00t!! Alan November has generously offered us a few meeting rooms at the Newton Marriot on Monday, July 14th before his fabulous Building Learning Communities Conference!!!

So mark your calendars and re-arrange your schedules. I hope you will be able to attend this absolutely FREE, collaborative, "unconference" by the people for the people. This conference is open to all educators interested in talking about technology. Alan is donating rooms and free wifi, the rest is up to us.

Edubloggercon at NECC in 2007 was an amazing event. A bunch of educators got together and talked about ideas. People volunteered to lead discussions. There were no presentations. There were no slide shows. We met face to face and continued the conversations we had been having Online.

The Story:
Ever since that experience I have wanted to arrange something on the east coast around the time of BLC. During our recent New England Tweetup we were talking about organizing another meeting, but we needed a place to meet. I decided it couldn't hurt to ask - so I emailed Jim at November Learning. At first he said he didn't think they had space, but he would ask Alan. I was disappointed, but not too surprised. I started researching other venues.

Just when I thought all was lost, Alan emailed me with his cell phone number (how cool is that!). I called him and we talked about the idea. He said he could give us a few rooms on the Monday before the conference and the rest is history. I'm so excited! It just goes to show, it never hurts to ask! I hope we can pull this off...

Image citation: vvsquared. "vwv_005." 23 June 2007. Online image. Flickr. 27 March 2008.

No comments: