Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jott Faux Pas

I love Jott. Jott is a free service that automatically converts your voice into e-mail and text messages—anytime, anywhere, with any cell phone. Call Jott from your phone and leave yourself (or someone else) a message. Jott transcribes your words into text and sends it to your email or as a text message to your phone. You can also have Jott send you a reminder at a particular time. You can even Jott your blog...

Doh! Yesterday I went to Jott my husband, who's name is Rob, and instead Jott sent the reminder to my blog (notice they rhyme :o). In an ohnosecond my personal reminder was broadcast to the world. Fortunately, it wasn't anything too embarrassing. I've deleted the post, but if you subscribe to my blog, you may see it show up in your reader. Sorry about that.

Oops!
-Liz

3 comments:

jamie camp said...

Funny Liz! That sounds like something I'd do! All our tools are great when we use them right, but boy, can they ever get us in trouble!
Fortunately, yours wasn't anything that would cause anyone to react with anything but a chuckle.
:)

Anonymous said...

Must admit I was wondering what that Jott was about and if you were demonstrating the amazing power of it. Have to say remember to find out about your health insurance and I love you -- did make me ponder.

Meanwhile I was feeling incredibly jealous since we can't access Jott in Australia. Good thing is RSS lasts forever :)

Liz B Davis said...

Thanks Jamie and Sue,
Fortunately my Jott wasn't anything too too embarrassing. I can no longer Jott my blog, so it won't happen again. The internet is forever. Yikes.