I am often asked - "How do you find time for all of this technology stuff?" "How do you keep up with it all?" My answer is I love it, and here are some of the reasons that I do.
1. It's inspiring - I read blogs, listen to podcasts and participate in discussions that inspire new ideas. They keep me thinking and questioning. They force me to synthesize and respond. They keep my mind awake.
2. It's interactive - The beauty of the Read/Write Web is that it is interactive. I can always find a discussions to contribute to. And if I ask a question, I can always find an answer from someone, via Twitter, Ning or a comment right here on my blog.
3. It's immediate - If I post a question on Twitter, I can usually get a response within minutes. It is wonderful to know that my network is out there ready to respond if I need them.
4. It's endless - There is no end to the new technology tools that I can explore Online. Sometimes this is overwhelming, but it is also comforting. I know I will never come to the end of my journey. There will always be something new to find around another corner.
5. It's real - After attending the Educon 2.0 conference and meeting so many of my Online "friends," I know that what exists in this virtual world does translate to real life. The people I met there were as interesting, knowledgeable and nice as I had hoped they would be.
What do you think? Why do you love this stuff? How do you find the time? How do you keep up with it all? I would love to hear your thoughts.