Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thinking Blogger Awards

Earlier this week RashKath tagged me with a thinking blogger award:

Congratulations, you won a
!

The participation rules:
1
.
If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2
.
Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3
.
Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

5 blogs that make me think:
(I read a lot of blogs, so picking only 5 that make me think was hard to do. )

1. Your Not so Normal Everyday Teacher: Not only does this blog make me think, it also makes me laugh. This blogger likes "to make sarcastic and witty remarks" as well as making "honest and intelligent exchanges about current policies, experiences and changes being made in the public education system." The combination makes for a fun and thought provoking read.

2. On an E Journey with Generation Y: This is the second time I've tagged Anne with a meme, but I can't help but include her blog on this list. She writes about her experiences integrating Web 2.0 technology into her classes. She is doing some incredible things.

3. Beyond Podcasting: Susan describes her blog as "An educator's journey to ubiquitous technology in the classroom. " And herself as "a techno-geek teacher." Her posts are both thoughtful and thought provoking.

4. Not so Distant Future: After meeting Carolyn Foote in Philadelphia, I know she is a great thinker both in person and Online. Carolyn is a high school librarian in Austin Texas. She uses her blog to discuss web 2.0 tools, teaching strategies, and library research tools for educators.

5. Burnt Toast and Inside Jokes: This new student blogger has made an amazing and inspiring start. Her writing is wise and funny. As she puts it: "Musings of a teenage girl are usually stuffed full of "like"'s and "love ya!"'s... but not me!" and she is true to her word.

So there you have it, 5 fabulous bloggers. I thank them for enriching my professional life. I would also like to thank RashKath, who's blog also deserves this recognition.
-Liz

5 comments:

Rashmi Kathuria said...

Thanks Liz,
A nice post as usual.Anne Murcha was tagged by me also.
I am reading Susan, she is also doing a wonderful job.
Keep Sharing.

murcha said...

Thank you Liz for giving me this honour. I do appreciate it and would like you to know that I have followed you closely all my classrrom2.0 days, so you are an inspiration to me. I enjoy reading and learning about all the work you do and hope we can work together in this great web2.0 world. I have now chosen my 5 and uploaded the post.

Cathy Jo Nelson said...

This is great Liz. Now, I need to tag you for the latest meme, PAssion Quilt. Here are the rules:

1. Think about what you are passionate about teaching your students.
2. Post a picture from a source like FlickrCC or Flickr Creative Commons or make/take your own that captures what YOU are most passionate about for kids to learn about...and give your picture a short title.
3. Title your blog post "Meme: Passion Quilt" and link back to this blog entry.
4. Include links to 5 folks in your professional learning network or whom you follow on Twitter/Pownce.

Get busy! Cant wait to see what you make of it.

Susan said...

Wow - thanks! I know I'm a little behind on my reading, but what a nice surprise when I read this in my reader! Thank you so much - it is truly an honor, and a delight to know that what I write is resonating with other people.

Singing Fat Girl said...

I realize that this is 4 months past, but I wanted to thank you for tagging my blog. I really enjoy writing, and blogging gives me the chance to do so while I search for a good, solid, unique topic to sink my teeth into for something a little bigger. Still, I am a new blogger, and I realize that the collaborative nature of blogging requires that others actually read your blog, and thanks to you, people are starting to go there. Many thanks for acknowledging.