Monday, February 25, 2008

Meme: Passion Quilt


Joyful Learning Connections

I've been double tagged for this meme by both Cathy Nelson and Connie Cossar. This was a hard one for me, I find this kind of visual thinking challenging. I wrote about my passion for educational technology in a recent blog post titled "Why I Love This Stuff." This picture captures the essence of what I was trying to say. I guess a picture is worth a 1,000 words (or at least 221).

Here are the rules:
  1. Think about what you are passionate about teaching your students.
  2. Post a picture from a source like FlickrCC or Flickr Creative Commons or make/take your own that captures what YOU are most passionate about for kids to learn about…and give your picture a short title.
  3. Title your blog post “Meme: Passion Quilt” and link back to this blog entry.
  4. Include links to 5 folks in your professional learning network or whom you follow on Twitter/Pownce.
I look forward to seeing the images that Jenn, Darren, Matt, Allison, and Nedra and Sabrina choose!

Image Citation: "hands across america" The Singular Achievement of Keanu Reeves' Photostream on Flickr. 18 August 2006. [http://www.flickr.com/photos/herecomestheflan/218281388/] 25 Feb 2008 .

3 comments:

Cathy Jo Nelson said...

I love that picture and I want to use it too. It reminds me of the middle schooler philosophy monkey see monkey do and that as a group we are safe. GOnna use it in my social networking preso. But u r right--it is exactly how I feel when my "network" is there with me. : )

loonyhiker said...

I love the picture and the title. It just made me feel good by looking at it.

Darren Draper said...

Great picture!

I am going to participate in this, but I want to create the image myself (I have a good one in mind).

Soooo... bear with me, I'll post it, but it may take a little time.