Thursday, February 7, 2008

Collective Intelligence

The following occurred within a span of about 10 minutes:

kjarrett New blog post: Free, web-based forms with Google Docs! http://www.ncs-tech.org/?p=1143 11 hours ago

Elizabeth Davis lizbdavis Created a tech survey for my teachers (using Google Forms). Anyone willing to look at it and give me some feedback? I'll DM the link. Thanks

Wendy Drexler WendyDrexler @lizbdavis Happy to help with survey.

Anna Baralt abaralt @lizbdavis Would love to help out with your survey.

colin davitt room214 @lizbdavis I would be glad to take a look

H270 H270 @lizbdavis - I'll take a look Liz.

James Hollis jameshollis @lizbdavis I would love to review your tech survey!!!

SarahSutter edueyeview @lizbdavis Any chance I can take a look at the survey too?

Deacs84 Deacs84 @lizbdavis I'd be interested in seeing what your survey looks like. Happy to offer feedback

rashkath rashkath @lizbdavis Hi! I am interested. DM

alice barr alicebarr @lizbdavis I can look if you like

Teryl Magee teryl_magee @lizbdavis I'll take a look

Holtsman Holtsman @lizbdavis Would love to see it.


The MIT Center for Collective Intelligence (learned about this from Lisa Durff) asks the question:
How can people and computers be connected so that—collectively—they act more intelligently than any individuals, groups, or computers have ever done before?

Collectively, these educators helped me to craft a document far superior to what I could have done on my own. They live all over the country and the world (rashkath is in India). This could never have happened before Web 2.0. I feel very fortunate to live in these times.

Thank you all so much!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great way to show the power of the network! THanks for putting it out there!

Anonymous said...

Wow Liz! How cool is this! Great visual representation of "the network." Proud to be part of yours! Keep on keepin' on, sorry I'll be missing you at BLC! -kj-

samccoy said...

This is exactly the type of learning that William Glasser, The Quality School Teacher, would have applauded as quality in every way.

I would like to share a very powerful quotation from Ch.4, pg48, "Quality School Teachers Teach Useful Skills" that could describe your excellent project. Dr. Glasser is discussing teaching Problem Solving. He said, "...Teach them[students]that the core of problem solving is to learn to use information in a logical way and that the only real purpose of gathering information is to use it...."

You have really demonstrated a process that teachers could emulate in their own classrooms. Excellent work, and I appreciate being able to add to the story;D

Rashmi Kathuria said...

I think, you have clearly shown the power of technology which can set up engaging interactive platforms to connect educators all across the world .
I have also changed drastically over a period of one year by learning and utilising web tools and e strategies in my classroom.
Great job!
Keep Sharing
Cheers

Anonymous said...

Thanks Liz for sharing! Very clever… this is how technology and Internet related stuff exert to each of us!

Melanie Holtsman said...

I know I personally have learned more from being a part of the twitter network than I ever have from one person or class. Even when you help out others you are learning yourself...thanks for the opportunity!

Anonymous said...

Liz, it was a pleasure to participate with you and all the others on this project. Actually it was great fun. It is nice to see a community work collectively and voluntarily for the betterment of education.

--Frank
Faces of Web 2.0 ★ 21st Century Teachers

John M. Blake said...

This is really what it is all about. I really am enjoying reading your blog.