Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Web 2.0 Buffet

I titled my workshop "Integrating 21st Century Technology Tools into your Curriculum." Now I just have to figure out what to include. I'll have 6 hours with a small group of inservice teachers. There are so many tools to choose from. Last night I put the question out on Twitter and got many different responses. However, all agreed that there needs to be time for participants to "play" with the tools. There is only so much you can do in 6 hours.

On my way home from a very ineffective training session, it occurred to me that I could offer teachers a "buffet" of technology tools to play with. I could briefly describe and demo (very briefly) several different tools and then provide people with walkthroughs (printed direction sheets) and screencasts (video explanations) and let them choose what to focus on. Some people might want to spend the whole time on one tool, others might like to play around with several. I could also incorporate some conversations midway through the "play" time, so that teachers could get ideas from each other and share their discoveries.

What do you think? Does this sound like a feasible idea? Would you enjoy a workshop like this? Do you have any resources that I could use for the workshop? Have you ever tried anything like this? Please help me out here. I greatly value your opinion.


Image Citation: Vincos' Photostream. Web 2.0 Landscape. 9/16/07. [] 3/20/08.
Post a Comment