Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Twitter List Screencast

Recently Twitter introduced the ability to create and subscribe to lists. I've been playing around with this new feature and I think it has a lot of potential. I created this screencast to show a few of the things I've learned.

In addition to my screencast, @_stevewoods wrote a great post describing Twitter lists. And, here is the direct link to the Twitter Gadget for embedding your list on a website.

Please share your tips. What have you learned about lists? Do you like them? I'm still trying to figure out how to subscribe to a list in a reader. Does anyone know how to do that?

P.S. This is the first time I have included my own image as part of the screencast. I'm not sure if I like it, or if it is helpful. Let me know what you think.


7 comments:

Micah Vandegrift said...

Thanks for the "how to"! I wondered what all the chatter about Twitter lists was. Next question... How does one make a screen cast?

Cara said...

Thanks for taking the time to do this! Very nice of you! Also, very creative way to show us!

- @celebratties

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the shout-out on my Twitter Lists post. I continually add to the post as I find additional resources, or determine I missed other considerations when creating and maintaining Twitter Lists. Great blog and appreciate the attention on it! ~Steve Woods

Liz B Davis said...

Micah - I used Camtasia to make this screencast. I have also used iShowU. Both cost money. There are also some free Online screencast apps like Screencastomatic: http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/

Steve - Thanks for commenting and thanks for your great post on Twitter Lists. I'm happy to pass it on. It was very helpful to me.

KPlacek said...

I like the image in the screencast! I haven't done that in the past, but am going to try adding my image to my 'how to's' :)

MrsE said...

This site gives an explanation of how to create a feed for a Twitter list - http://techie-buzz.com/internet-tools/how-to-create-an-rss-feed-from-your-twitter-list-pages.html

rreo said...

I like the inclusion of a little webcam of you speaking in your movies.