- How can we create a growth mindset in our students and our teachers so that we are not afraid of failure, but rather embrace it and seek it out?
- How do we create places of learning that support and encourage us to fall down in order to rise up?
Here are some of my ideas:
- Focus on the learner's progress and strategies, not outcomes.
- Create teams of learners that support and encourage each other.
- Leaders/teachers share their own failures (not just their successes).
- Place people on both sides of the wall, some to catch you if you fall, others to help you over and take you to the next wall.
- Encourage learners to ask questions, lots of questions.
- Try, try again.
- Laugh a lot!
(Yes, that is me)