Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Learning to Learn

I've been thinking a lot lately about changing the way I deliver professional development. I really want to teach people, not just how to use a particular technology tool or piece of software, but also the skills to learn any technology tool or piece of software. Yesterday, while preparing for a workshop on podcasting, I came across this post Learning to Learn Software: Ten Heuristics, In it, Patrick Dickson shares some great ideas for how to go about learning new software.

I put together a few slides to try to illustrate visually the main points. I used them yesterday at the beginning of a training I was doing. It seemed to go over pretty well. So, in the spirit of learning new tools, I made my first VoiceThread using those slides. The pictures are of my son Ben and my daughter Abby (I particularly love the last picture of her). I think they did a great job of helping to illustrate my points.

Learning to Learn:
Post a Comment