Monday, March 14, 2011

EdCamp Boston Tickets Going Fast



May 7th, 2011
Tickets are FREE
This event will SELL OUT! 

As I write this there are only 31 tickets left to what is sure to be an amazing event. 

I am one of the organizers of Boston's first Edcamp. The idea originated in Philly last year. Since then, there have been Edcamps all over the country. Dan Callahan, one of the original organizers has since moved to Boston and he along with Greg Kulowiec, Karen Janowski. Larry Fliegelman, Laura D'Elia, Steve Guditus and me are helping to put this together. If you haven't been to an unconference before, now is your chance. It is an event that comes together out of the interests of the attendees. The sessions will be created by the people who attend.  We have some wonderful sponsors who have stepped up to pay for food, door prizes, coffee and t-shirts, asking only for recognition in return.

Sign up soon! I look forward to seeing you there.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Hi!

My name is Chelsea Krail and I'm a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama.

I think an unconference is a great idea to get outside thoughts on improvements and whatnot for education. I think it's even better that there is no fee in order to attend; this probably encourages even more people to attend and share their ideas.

I also have a blog if you would care to look at it: My Blog