Saturday, April 24, 2010

Missing You!

poulingail @lizbdavis Hello Liz You've been pretty quiet and I love following you We want more! Blog it, tweet it, whatever! 9:25 AM Apr 20th via web


This tweet from @poulingail brought home to me how disconnected I have been for the last month. Thanks so much Gail for noticing! Unfortunately, it is probably going to continue for a little longer. But it sure is nice to know I've been missed.

Here's what I've been up to:
  • Adopting a 9 month old Havanese puppy named Tommy.
  • Taking care of my kids, Ben and Abby, and my husband Rob.
  • Working with my faculty to integrate technology.
  • Playing with my new iPad and exploring possibilities for use in the classroom
  • Coaching the middle school crew team.
  • Rowing.

Life feels pretty crazy right now. I am still reading blogs and Tweets, I just haven't been participating in the conversation lately. I am listening and hope to jump back in soon. I miss my Online PLN.

Sometimes real life takes over...

My Family:


Our new puppy Tommy:

3 comments:

poulingail said...

So that explains it.
I expect all of these experiences will find their way into your writing soon enough. Glad to hear you are still teeming with life and learning.

debschi said...

Liz, I appreciate your honesty. It IS incredibly difficult to do all that we want to do and be all that we want to be, and look at all you ARE doing! No matter what, family does come first, and your children are only young once. Perspective and balance!
(I think we met very briefly at Educon_ in a convenience store! I was with Diane Cordell. I may be mistaken though!)

Mark Deming said...

I'd like to hear more about your iPad and what you are finding. I am in the same boat and looking for ideas...